Beyonce has closed the door on Malaysia — yet again. According to concert organizers Marctensia, a much anticipated and embattled concert set for October 25 has been postponed until further notice. Issuing a statement Monday, Marctensia told media outlets that the decision was solely Beyonce and her management’s call. “The postponement is solely the decision of the Artiste and has nothing to do with other external reasons,” said Marctensia. “The Organisers sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.” Refunds are available for fans who purchased tickets to attend the October 25 show via Ticket Axcess. As previously reported on Singersroom, Beyonce had faced much opposition from local groups who deemed her choice of dress inappropriate. “We oppose the holding of such concerts and we will take action to prevent it,’ a spokesman for the PMIP (Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party) said in a statement earlier this year. “Her skimpy attire and behaviour onstage are immoral and lead to unclean behaviour.” Beyonce canceled a concert in the region two years ago but had vowed to return. A statement from Beyonce and her management is expected to be provided at a later date.
Since 2005, Singersroom has been the voice of R&B around the world. Connect with us via social media below.View all posts by Singersroom →