Some movies just aren’t made for sequels. Once we’ve seen it once, we don’t care to see the story line, or characters, again on the big screen. Here are five movies that we’d love to forget.
1. Next Day Air – A shipment of drugs is accidentally delivered to the next-door neighbors, and the movie literally goes downhill from there. Although it’s supposed to be a comedy, there’s nothing funny about this lame flick.
2. Deliver Us from Eva – With LL Cool J and Gabrielle Union as the leading stars, you would have expected a black romantic comedy to remember. However, the movie goes far left (read: unrealistic) when the friends of LL’s character fake his death.
3. Lottery Ticket – Even Bow Wow, who stars in this film, wouldn’t be able to convince fans to see a sequel. The plot centers around a $370 million winning ticket, but the stereotypes and clichÃ©s throughout the movie defines it as a loser.
4. Death at a Funeral – Chris Rock produced this remake of Frank Oz’s 2007 black comedy, and despite its all-star cast of comedians (Martin Lawrence, Kevin Hart, Tracy Morgan, and more), the laughter falls short.
5. Why Did I Get Married Too? – This movie actually was the sequel to Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married?, but we feel like Perry overreached when addressing common marriage issues this time around. We’d rather not see a part three. —— By: Crystal Tate