One of my lady friends told me the thing she finds most attractive in men are “deep eyes.” I asked her, “What the hell are deep eyes?” She replied, “They are the eyes that whisper and speak from the soul.”
Then I thought of Erykah Badu. Looking into her eyes on television or even in a magazine gives me the chills. I couldn’t imagine looking at her in person. (I probably would get pregnant on the spot.) Urban legend says Ms. Badu’s eyes have magical powers that mesmerize and capture the man of her choice. With one look into her eyes you’ll fall in love. I think it’s more than magic.
1. Fall in Love: Erykah has been with men that most women only dream about. People say it’s something in her eyes but it’s probably in her spirit. She got that glow.
2. Makes you want to grab a “Window Seat” next to a “Bag Lady.”
3. Excessive Exotic Oils & Incense: Her music makes you want to light more than incense. (Can we say paper planes?)
4. Inspired To Name Your Kids Unique & Beautiful Names: (Numbers? Animals? Planets? Sneakers?)
â¢ Seven: Seven is the son of rapper Andre 3000 of Outkast & Erykah.
â¢ Puma: Beautiful daughter Puma is the child of Erykah and Tracy “The D.O.C” Curry.
â¢ Mars Merkaba: Jay Electronica and Erykah Badu have a girl named Mars Merkaba.
5. Urge to Wear Eccentric, Cerebral, and Nontraditional Clothing: Her style is inspired by various cultures and time periods. Erykah is a funky sexy mama and her style seems to transfer to the men she has been involved with. Andre 3000 and Common are two in particular that developed a more exotic style after being involved with the music goddess. These rapper’s styles go beyond the traditional boundaries of Hip Hop and are an honest representation of who they are as individuals.
6. Make You Want To Create A New Type of Music Genre: Erykah Badu has been the Queen of Neo-Soul since she was founded by Kedar Massenburg. Her musical contributions along with other artists such as D’Angelo, Jill Scot and Bilal have preserved the Soul of Marvin Gaye, Billie Holliday and Otis Redding.
7. Elevate Your Career: Andre Benjamin and Common are some artists that seem to have transformed into icons after dealing with Erykah. She has that magic and it seems like she spreads it over these lucky rappers.
â¢ Andre Benjamin aka Andre 3000 became an entertainment icon. He went on to create one of the greatest Hip Hop works to date titled ‘The Love Below‘ which was part of a double album by his group Outkast. In this album he was able to go beyond the realm of rap and delve into another dimension. Andre also began his movie and television career after the Miss Badu relationship. He has been on television shows such as The Shield, About A Girl, and the Class of 3000. He has been featured in movies such as Revolver, Idlewild, Scary Movie and Four Brothers.
â¢ Common evolved as an artist by dropping “Be” and “Finding Forever.” After Badu he was featured in movies such as Smokin Aces, American Gangster, Wanted, Terminator Salvation, and Just Right. He also won two Grammy’s for “Best Rap Performance by Duo or Group” and “Best R&B Song” with the help of Badu for “Love of My Life.”
â¢ Jay Electronica career went fromâ¦the unknown underground to sitting with music executives such as P. Diddy. He went on to torch a track titled “Exhibit C” which was produced by Just Blaze. He is now an official member of Jay-Z’s Roc Nation.
8. Eliminates Cheating: Erykah says, “No. Infidelity is not a deal-breaker for me. We’re all born sexual beingsâ¦I myself am not someone with a very high libido. I don’t require sex for happiness â I need companionship. I need a partner I can depend on, that I can love and grow with.”
Lessons of Badu
Men: Erykah seems to understand some things about the nature of a man. She might be so liberating; you just might not want to cheat. (Erykah could get me pregnant. I would do the nine month bid for her.)
Women: This way of thinking may not be your “cup of tea” but anything is worth a try once. Maybe giving your partner freedom will help him appreciate that his queen is right in the bed with him instead of in the street. It might make him feel like he doesn’t have to go anywhere else.
Erykah Badu is very much loved and inspires us to liberate our minds, bodies and our soul. This list is just a playful way to show the power this one being has over a world. Miss Badu’s spirit speaks to so many. We are honored to have her be a part of our musical movement.
What do you think makes Erykah Badu so attractive and/or mesmerizing?
—— By: DOC