In the past year, Twitter has evolved in a major way-almost every A-lister has an account, and over 65 million tweets are sent every single day! We love keeping up with some of our favorite celebrities via the social networking site, but there are a few that stand out. Here are our top 5 favorite tweeters. Now go ahead and follow them all!
1. Fabolous (@myfabolouslife)-If Twitter had a king, rapper Fabolous would be up for the title. He’s most famous for creating humorous hashtags that almost instantly become trending topics. (If you’re not familiar, hashtags are topics that with a hash symbol(#) at the beginning, like #election to help identify them on Twitter, and make it easier for users to search a common theme.) And he’s in talks to write a Twitter-inspired coffee table book. We can’t wait to read it and laugh our asses off again.
Funniest Tweet: #AfterFurtherReview u don’t look ANYTHING like the person in ur profile pic.
2. Rev Run (@revrunwisdom)-If you ever need a pick-me-up, look no further than one of Run DMC’s own. Known for dropping lines of wisdom almost every hour on Twitter, Rev Run helps put things in perspective in your relationship and life in general.
Most Inspirational Tweet: You were born with wings why would you decide to crawl through life?
3. Kanye West (@kanyewest)-When Kanye joined Twitter, the Internet world went into a frenzy, and now three months later, he has over 1.5 million followers. Known for tweeting exclusive pics and simply speaking his mind, Mr. West keeps Twitter interesting at all times.
Most Kanyesque Tweet: I have decided to become the best rapper of all time! I put it on my things to do in this lifetime list!
4. Solange (@solangeknowles)-Her sister Beyonce might be one of the few celebrities that doesn’t have a Twitter account, but as Solange has proved, she’s not one to follow in the footsteps of big sis. On Twitter, she brags about her son, blushes about her mystery man and talks about her everyday experiences. With her, there’s no smoke-and-mirrors. She’s as real as they come, and that’s why we love her.
Most Real Tweet: My nails look like shit My hair look like shit My eyebrows really look like shit Nothing ain’t done Oh I’m fancy huh:( Gulp
5. Phantom Biggie (@NotNotoriousBIG)-Biggie may no longer be here, but his spirit lives on with Twitter. The unidentified Phantom Biggie takes you back in time by tweeting about everything from pagers to Puffy. Yes Puffy, not Diddy. Once you start following him, you’ll almost feel like it’s 1994 again and “It’s all good baby, baby!”
Throwback Tweet: Martin got canceled? what the fuck?!
—— By: Crystal Tate