It’s easy to feel more liberated and less inhibited when the weekend comes. Why wouldn’t you? You don’t have to wear those frumpy work clothes or that uniform. You may not have to deal with the stresses of work or put in long hours that are guaranteed to leave you feeling like a ghost of yourself. You’ve probably made plans with friends to go paint the town red, mingle or if you’re in a relationship, you’re excited about the possibility of spending some one-on-one time with that special someone.
You probably have an appointment to get your nails and feet done, or to have your hair styled so you can look fresh to death. All this for the weekend!
Unfortunately by the time Monday comes around, that zest for life is gone and a “case of the Mondays” has set in that doesn’t go away until, you probably guessed it, Friday. It’s hard to feel sexy when your time feels so micromanaged.
It doesn’t have to be this way though. Here are some tips that will help you feel sexier every day of the week.
1) Wear that lingerie: Just because it’s a week day doesn’t mean that you can’t wear that lacy bra and panty set that you bought at Victoria’s Secret for that hot date you had on Friday or Saturday night. Put away the control top panty hose and that Playtex bra and save it for the nights where you just want to sit in front of the couch and watch a movie while indulging in some Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. If you don’t want to go all out, just wear one piece of sexy underwear under your work clothes and that will have the same effect.
2) Have some chocolate: Studies show that while a sensual kiss will turn you on, some chocolate will increase your libido even more. Why not have a couple pieces of chocolate, in moderation, on a regular or semi-regular basis?
3) Try some lip gloss: This is one I’ve tried and still use until today. There is something about a sexy, glistening shade of lip gloss on your lips that gets some men’s minds racing. The stigma behind lip gloss is very seductive. There is a reason why the first commercially available lip gloss, manufactured by Max Factor in 1932, was named X-Rated.
4) Get some exercise: Studies show that if you get regular exercise that not only do you feel more confident about your body, but you are most likely to feel sexier.
5) Get “low” outside the club: Next time you pop in that song or CD that is guaranteed to get your body shaking, don’t be afraid to dance like you’re the bar at a Coyote Ugly. If you’re extremely comfortable with yourself, why not put on your iPod and dance in front of the mirror as if Chris Brown, Idris Elba or Reggie Bush were watching.
6) Put away those flannel pajamas: This is not always viable because sometimes nothing feels better than that broken in pair of pajamas or sweats that you wear around the house. Whenever you can though, wear a sexy number to bed. Who says you have to wear those satin pajamas on “special” occasions only?
7) Take an indulgent bubble bath: It doesn’t take long to enjoy the benefits of a bubble bath. Even if you get five to ten minutes to relax in the tub, take them! Light some candles, play some slow music, and sip a nice, cold drink while you soak away the stresses of the day.
Try these tips today, whether it’s Monday or Thursday, and don’t forget to let us know what you think! —— By: Seattle Slim