Contrary to a report issued earlier this week, R. Kelly says he has not been involved in any alleged search or investigation. “A wildly exaggerated and inaccurate report has been circulating on the Internet that Olympia Fields police showed up at R. Kelly’s house with a search warrant just before the singer left for his three-week concert tour in Africa last month and then searched the place looking for a missing 17-year-old girl,” says Kelly’s representative through a statement issued Wednesday. “This is completely false. No police ever showed up at Kelly’s house with a search warrant nor was his house ever searched. It is also not true, as the unsubstantiated report claimed, that any such girl ever stayed overnight in Kelly’s house or that she had been there but left shortly before some mythical police search.” News of the alleged incident sparked rumors that Kelly, who had been acquitted of child pornography charges in 2008, was reverting to ways he had been accused of prior to the trial — essentially having a fascination with teenage girls. According to Kelly’s management there has been no such occurrence and they are willing to cooperate with any investigation. “Kelly’s attorneys have informed the police that they will cooperate fully with any investigation,” the “I’m A Flirt” singer’s rep confirmed. In related news, R. Kelly made his first-ever trek to Africa late last month. He will remain overseas through the early part of this summer, making stops in several countries including the U.K. Kelly is due to release a tentatively titled album called “Untitled” later this year.
Since 2005, Singersroom has been the voice of R&B around the world. Connect with us via social media below.View all posts by Singersroom →