BeBe Winans will not appear in forthcoming episodes of ‘Oprah’ as announced last month. According to a spokesperson for the Winfrey, the “Close To You” singer will not be allowed to appear on her show until domestic violence charges filed against him are resolved. Winans, who appeared with his sister CeCe to promote the recently released album “Still”, was the subject of an online controversy stemming from Oprah’s alleged banning of fellow entertainer Chris Brown. According to Winans’ ex-wife, who he allegedly pushed down during an altercation earlier this year, Oprah was wrong for allowing her husband to appear on her show and not an apologetic Chris Brown. Speaking with TMZ, Debra Winans said she was “hurt by Oprah’s decision to have Bebe on the show”. Oprah’s spokesperson says Winans’ taped segments, which involved a “karaoke challenge,” will not air. Winans is due in court on misdemeanor domestic assault charges January 20.
Since 2005, Singersroom has been the voice of R&B around the world. Connect with us via social media below.View all posts by Singersroom →