Kendrick Lamar and Top Dawg Entertainment produced the soundtrack for the highly anticipated movie ‘Black Panther.’ This soundtrack gives off a new generation of socially conscious music, providing us with an auditory piece of art. All 14 tracks have writing credits by Kendrick.
The ‘Black Panther’ film will be in theaters on February 16th, 2018 – it stars Angela Bassett, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyongo, Daniel Kaluuya, and Forest Whitaker, and much more. It is also directed by Ryan Coogler.
In honor of Black Panther and Lamars new exciting project, Rappersroom collected 10 Reasons to listen to Kendrick’s Masterpiece: ‘Black Panther: The Album’
1. The collaboration with talented artists, such as SZA, SchoolBoy Q, Travis Scott, The Weekend, 2 Chainz, Khalid, Swae Lee, Ab-Soul, Future, Vince Staples, Jorja Smith, SOB x RBE, Jayrock, James Blake, Zacari, Mozzy.
2. There are many different genres to help you anticipate the highs and lows of Black Panther movie scenes
3. Lyrically illustrative!
4. In this break-out age of new artists taking over the scene, entertainers like SZA and Anderson.Paak had the opportunity to enter the new soundtrack arena.
5. The album adds another layer for the audience to envision the film in addition to the trailers.
6. Kendrick and other artists paint distinct hooks and verses in this project.
7. Some of the soundtracks capture history in a revolutionary energy which heightens appreciation for Black History Month.
8. This album is truly inspiring, showing Kendricks progression from an indie artist to now having creative control over a Marvel soundtrack!
9. The sound engineers do an amazing job of bringing the tracks to life.
10. It’s the Black Panther soundtrack! How can you stay away?!
Advanced ticket sales for ‘Black Panther’ are through the roof & surpassed other superhero movies. This is clearly not a movie (or soundtrack) that you want to miss. Stream the soundtrack below.