Although there are still controversies surrounding the single “Blurred Lines,” Robin Thicke continue to reap accolades from the international hit record.
The record was recently named the most-downloaded song in the UK all-time, a list compiled by the Official Charts Company (OCC), and revealed by BBC Radio. Currently, the “Blurred Lines” download tally is over 1.54 million copies sold, surpassing Adele’ “Someone Like You,” which sits at 1.53 million. Pharrell Williams may be the most popular all-time — his single “Happy” logged him at no. 9 with 1.3 million downloads to date, and he is also featured on two other top 10 songs (“Blurred Lines” and Daft Punk's “Get Lucky”).
As far as controversies go, Thicke is still locked in a copyright lawsuit with the Gaye family, who claims he ripped of the late singer’s hit “Got to Give It Up.” In addition, several organizations slammed the song, saying it promoted "date rape culture", an accusation Thicke consistently denied.
Check out the All-time Official Download Chart Top 10
1) Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke ft Pharrell and TI
2) Someone Like You – Adele
3) Moves Like Jagger – Maroon Five ft Christina Aguilera
4) Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye ft Kimbra
5) I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
6) Get Lucky – Daft Punk ft Pharrell
7) We Found Love – Rihanna ft Calvin Harris
8) Wake Me Up – Avicii
9) Happy – Pharrell Williams
10) Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon
Founder and Creator of Singersroom.com and IncredibleWork.com. Follow me on Instagram at @gary.gentles.