Despite reports that implied a connection between Akon and Suge Knight’s camp, Konvict music mogul Akon says he’s surprised over Wednesday’s armed robbery. “I’m trying to figure out why it’s escalating to this extent. We never had no problems,” Akon told MTV News late Wednesday after being informed that his producer Detail had been robbed at gunpoint early Wednesday morning. “All I can do is the right thing. Everything works itself out.” As previously reported on Singersroom, a group of five men allegedly broke into the home of one of Akon’s entourage members with guns drawn demanding that a debt owed to notorious Death Row Records mogul Suge Knight be paid. Sources say Detail (the producer) owed Knight money and the men were there to collect by any means necessary. By the time police showed up nearly $300,000 worth of jewelry, items in a safe and keys to a Mercedes had been stolen.
Since 2005, Singersroom has been the voice of R&B around the world. Connect with us via social media below.View all posts by Singersroom →