Update: Sean Combs Sued For Allegedly Assaulting Partygoer

Gerard Rechnitzer, the man who claims he was punched and pushed by Sean “Diddy” Combs while trying to secure his girlfriend at a Hollywood nightclub, has filed a lawsuit against the music mogul. Rechnitzer is seeking unspecified compensatory and punitive damages in the suit, which was filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court. As previously reported, Rechnitzer, 27, claims he and his girlfriend ran into Combs at the club, Teddy’s, inside the Roosevelt Hotel in the early morning hours of Feb. 25. According to the lawsuit, Combs was talking to Rechnitzer’s girlfriend when Rechnitzer approached. Combs, 37, then yelled at Rechnitzer “in a threatening and ominous matter,” the suit claims. The rap star and clothing designer then “intentionally, willfully, knowingly and unlawfully attacked, assaulted and battered” Rechnitzer, according to court documents, causing him to “fly backward several feet” and hit a parked car. The suit further alleges that Combs pushed Rechnitzer’s girlfriend and “attempted to spit on another female member” of Rechnitzer’s group. Rechnitzer then called police, the lawsuit says. Benjamin Brafman, an attorney for Combs, said the case would be “vigorously defended.” “It’s just another example of an opportunist seeking to fabricate a lawsuit based on a flat-out lie to try to take advantage of Mr. Combs’ celebrity status,” Brafman said in a statement. “Mr. Combs did not hit anyone and Mr. Rechnitzer suffered no injuries or damages whatsoever. There is no case. It is that simple.” Police are investigating the alleged incident. No court date has been set as yet.

Singersroom

Since 2005, Singersroom has been the voice of R&B around the world. Connect with us via social media below.

View all posts by Singersroom →