Three-time Grammy Award-winning record executive, songwriter, and record producer, Antonio “L.A.” Reid has been responsible for artists like Mariah Carey, Pink, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Kanye West, Toni Braxton, TLC, Usher, Ciara, and OutKast. L.A. and his partner in crime “Babyface” joined forces to create a label called LaFace that would become the hub for Black Pop music. His uncanny ability to create superstars will be tested once again as he serves as Chairman & CEO of the Epic Label Group. Here are ten questions we have for the boss man L.A. as he takes charge.
1. Now that Ciara is without a record Label, will she be the first signee to the Epic Label Group?
2. Can L.A. find a new female R&B group that will carry the torch for Destiny’s Child?
3. Will his staff look as good as the celebrity roster of artists?
4. Will L.A. request Chris Brown join Epic Label Group rather than RCA?
5. Which of the Labels current artist (John Blu, Kevin Cossom, Issa, Big Heed and Alien) will he drop?
6. Will L.A. be able to reunite Big Boi and Andre 3000 to complete a new OutKast album?
7 Will he be able to highlight a region that has not been showcased before to revitalize the music scene? Just how he did it with the “Dirty South.”
8. Will he be able to develop the next group of divas like he did with Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, Pink and Rihanna?
9. Will he be able to bring the style back into record Labels? Will L.A. make the labels a cool place to be for artists again?
10. Will he be able to find a songwriter like Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds to lead us into the next phase of music?
—— By: Staff