Oprah has left us but we really had to put some thought into who could be The Next Top Oprah Candidate. It would have to be a dynamic women that could transcend all boundaries and command the attention of a world suffering from ADHD. With 1000 channels it would take a woman with leadership qualities to have people rush to watch at 4 o’clock. So check out the list.
1. Gayle King â Gayle King would probably be the obvious candidate to be the heir to the Oprah talk show thrown. She has helped to host on the actual show and she has the full time job of being Oprah’s best friend. However, Gayle is not merely just a friend she is a highly qualified women that has the experiences to handle a job of that magnitude. She has been a news anchor, reporter, co-host on the daytime NBC show and is now the editor-in-chief of O Magazine. I think with a resume like that she deserves to be in the running for the “Next Top Oprah Candidate.”
2. Wendy Williams – Wendy calls herself the “Queen of All Media,” doesn’t run out of things to say. You might even have had an argument when she used to call out rappers and other noteworthy celebrities but she has given us a different more compassionate side. She has shown us that she has more substance and has turned away from the gossip drenched dialogue. She has even appeared on dancing with the stars. As one of the leading female African American media personalities and New York Times bestselling author she has proven herself and she has the following to back her up. With her own syndicated talk show, The Wendy Williams Show she is definitely in the running to become one of The Next Top Oprah candidates.
3. Tyra Banks â Tyra has strutted her stuff down the runway and has successfully been able to take that opportunity as a supermodel to create America’s Next Top Model. This businesswomen, actress and media personality has been able to win the hearts of people throughout the world through her reality shows and talk shows. Tyra is definitely a great pick for the Next Top Oprah candidate because of her ability to connect with her audience.
4. Dana Elaine Owens aka Miss Queen Latifah â The Queen has gone from American rapper, actress to singer. She is a triple threat that has matured from the rough and rugged days growing up on the streets of “Dirty Jersey.” The Queen has been able to transform herself from a successful rap career into a career which included receiving a Golden Globe Award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Image Awards, a Grammy Award, six additional Grammy nominations, an Emmy Award nomination and an Academy Award nomination. However, it is her growth and her metamorphosis as a strong black female icon that puts her into this list of women that could take the place of Oprah. She has the charisma and personality to have a successful talk show. She also has the ability to take advantage of opportunities and bless others with opportunities.
5. Jill Scott – Jill Scott caught my eye not when she sang but when she started acting, she becomes the character and you feel. There is something organic and real in her voice and how she connects with her audience. She might have no experience as a talk show host but I think we would be pleasantly surprised if she took the coveted place of Oprah.
6. Ellen DeGeneres â Yes, Ellen may have a little less pigment but she has been able to win the hearts of American in the same fashion that Oprah has. Miss Ellen starting as an American stand-up comedienne, television host and actress has given her that quick wit she needs to keep the audience engaged. She hosts the syndicated talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and was also a judge on American Idol. With a diverse background like this it’s hard not to put her in the ranks.
7. Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama â Besides being one of the most powerful women in the world I think Michelle could take a crack at talking to the American people everyday at 4 o’clock. She was raised on the South Side of Chicago and schooled at Princeton University and Harvard University so she has been able to master the world of the rough South Side streets and competitive Ivy League classroom. She can speak to the general public but still have the ability to empress royalty. We had to add her on this list even if it was wishful thinking.
8. Jennifer Lopez â The Latin Bombshell who grow up in the Bronx and danced her way to stardom on the television comedy program In Living Color made something out of nothing. Not only did she go on to sing, act and date but she made the people believe in Miss J. Lo. She might have single handily made it cool to have a big bottom. How could we not put her on the list for being such a trendsetter.
9. Taraji P. Henson â Taraji because of her energy and her ability to grow. If anyone has seen Benjamin Buttons you probably can vouch for a wonderful performance. She is definitely an actress that has the potential to move on to different things. She is also very entertaining as a host and has shown that on her appearances as Soul Train host. I might be surprised on her abilities as a talk show personality.
10. Mo’Nique â Miss Mo has taken a career of stand up comedy and transformed it into a sturdy career that has enabled her to move onto having her own night show. We know she can be a little load but that is what makes her unique. She is passionate about how she feels and she can make you laugh in the process. I wonder how she would be received by Oprah’s audience?
Who do you cast your your for?
—— By: Staff