This is what happens when old school wisdom mixes with new school talent!
Legendary Motown singer/songwriter Smokey Robinson is gearing up to release a new duets album titled Smokey & Friends, and the first offering from the opus is a collab with R&B crooner John Legend called “Quiet Storm,” which utilizes the best of both worlds from each artist. It’s a true crooner’s dream, with jazzy, live instrumentation, including elegant piano riffs.
Smokey & Friends will arrive on August 19 and is produced by former American Idol judge Randy Jackson. Expect appearances by Mary J. Blige, CeeLo, Ledisi, Jessie J, Miguel, Sir Elton John, James Taylor and others on both remakes of his classic tunes and original music.
Check out the tracklist below and pre-order Smokey & Friends above!
"Smokey & Friends" Track Listing:
1. The Tracks Of My Tears – Elton John
2. You Really Got A Hold On Me – Steven Tyler
3. My Girl – Miguel, Aloe Blacc & JC Chasez
4. Cruisin' – Jesse J
5. Quiet Storm – John Legend
6. The Way You Do (The Things You Do) – CeeLo Green
7. Being With You – Mary J. Blige
8. Ain't The Peculiar – James Taylor
9. The Tears Of A Clown – Sheryl Crow
10. Ooh Baby Baby – Ledisi
11. Get Ready – Gary Barlow