Rhythm and Blues has always been the love making music machine through the years. Baby after baby have been made between the sheets and we owe it to the musicians that carefully add melody, lyrics and a beat to create a feeling that helps us come a little closer to the one we love. The Isley Brothers, Marvin Gaye and Teddy P. had there time. Now it is time for a new wave of love music makers set the stage. This love song list is a sure shot for getting your lover in the mood.
1. Alicia Keys – Unthinkable (2010) Alicia helps you to make that step that might not have been made before. This is that feeling you have just before you kiss or you knowâ¦Some times the first time is the best. Dare to do the unthinkable. Are you ready?
2. Trey Songz – In the Middle (2005) This track on his first album is a must to set the mood. He gets you and your partner ready for a session in the middle. It gets no better. “Can we/Climb the mountain top/Screamin ecstasy/We so high up on this love/We done reached the peak/We ain’t never comin down/“
3. Tyrese – Signs of Love Making (2006) Tyrese carefully goes through the zodiac signs and gives us some insight of their freakier side. What’s your sign? “(Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini) I see you in the club with your hands held real high (Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra) The way you treat your boy I’d do anything for ya (Sagittarius, Scorpio, Capricorn, Aquarius) See I ain’t gonna front it is all of ya’ll I really love… I love you, wooo I love you, wooo, I love you, wooo, I love you…“
4. Trey Songz – Jupiter Love (2009) If you are looking to follow Trey on a sexual journey just turn up the speaker for this joint. “I think its time we take a trip to the bed/Girl your body talking/And I’m loving what she said Don’t you be afraid to/Let me elevate you/Welcome you to super /Duper /Jupiter love.”
5. Marques Houston â Naked (2005) Marcus get’s straight to the point. Get Naked! “Let’s get naked.“
6. Maxwell â Bad Habits (2009) With this song playing all you need are silk sheets, a couple mirrors and a nice sized bed. Sometimes bad habits are not that bad especially when it feels so good. Who is your bad habit?
7. R. Kelly â Whole Lotta Kisses (2009) Foreplay is essential in taking your girl to extacy. R. Kelly dedicates a song specifically to kissing the right way. Where do you like to be kissed? “Lead me/To your secret places/And girl/I will follow you there/Just show me/The right spot baby/And I promise/I will kiss it/I don’t care.“
8. Floetry â Say Yes (2002) All you have to do is say yes and Floetry will do the rest. “All you gotta do is say yes/Don’t deny what you feel let me undress you baby/Open up your mind and just rest/I’m about to let you know you make me so.” Just say yes!
9. Jamie Foxx â Three Letter Word (2005) This track is all about the three letter word. “SEX!”
10. Raheem DeVaughn â She’s Single (2010) If you haven’t thought of Raheem as the love making type this will definitely change your mind. This is a perfect soundtrack for a planned session at a local motel but only if you are single. “I rock them Marvin and the Barry White, /You holler at this thing boy all night. /I let you ride it like Ferrari, /got your body soakin’ wet, sweatin’ like safari. (ooooh)“
11. The Dream â Falsetto (2007) This track just has that smooth feel that makes you want to take it nice and slow.
12. Ciara â Promise (2006) This sing is great for makeup sex. Trust me I promise.
13. Teedra Moses â Backstroke (2004) Men if you have been messing up but you got a mean backstroke introduce your omen to this. Teedra sets you up for a great time. At least for the night. “I can’t do this forever/But right now I’d rather just/Give in and get your love tonight.“
14. Joe â Love Scene (2001) Joe never fails when it comes to making a love song. This time he vividly paints out a love scene all you have to do is act it out. “I’m bout eat you up girl /The wait has been long enough/ Girl I got an appetite /And I’m about to take a bite /So baby let’s dim the lights/ Daddy’s staying home tonight.“
15. Robin Thicke âTeach You A Lesson (2006) This track is a great track for role playing for you freaks out there. “You feel so good, you smell so good/You feel so warm just like I knew you would/Can?t let you go, can?t let you go/I can?t let you go/You were late to school/I?m gonna have to see you after class.”
16. Chris Brown â Take You Down (2008) Chris is no little boy anymore. This song is perfect for that person that might be sleeping on your bedroom skills. “Let me take you down/I really wanna take you down/And show you what I’m about/Can I take you now?/Your body body oh/Your body body up and down/So don’t stop girl get it/Quit playing wit it/Can’t wait no more.”
17. Jeremih â Birthday Sex (2009) This song his not only for your birthday. You can throw this on anytime you feel like wrestling in your birthday suit. “You say you want passion (I think you found it)/Get ready for action (don’t be astounded)/We switching positions (you feel surrounded)/Just tell me where you want your gift girl…“
18. R. Kelly â The Greatest Sex (2000) R. Kelly is a genius and this song helps to show why. The lyrics, melody, and over all feel can get anyone in the mood for a night of sex. “From beyond this bed of mine I see /Ceiling fans with you on top of me And the window blinds are filled with rays of sun /And all you secret fantasies thy will be done (done)/ And inside of your walls there will dwell a Capricorn (that will feast your body all night) If we keep this up then a love child will be born /All because Of the greatest.“
19. D’Angelo â Untitled How Does it Feel (2000) You probably remember the risky video when D’Angelo had the six pack to die for. This is perfect to give a lap dance to and have a little fun with the one you love. “If you’ll have me/I can provide everything that U desire/Said if U get a feeling/Feeling that I am feeling/Won’t U come closer 2 me baby, /You’ve already got me right where U want me baby/I just wanna be your man.”
20. Destiny Child â T- Shirt (2004) You can listen to this with or without your t-shirt and panties. Ladies if you want to reward your man after a long day. Put this song on with your nicest t-shirt and let him know who’s the boss. Thank you Beyonce and Destiny Child you are a lifesaver. “(Oh) Give It To Me Deeper (Oh) Giving Me The Fever (Oh) Now You Got My Feet Up This One Is A Keeper When You’re Not Here (I Sleep In Your T-Shirt) I Wish You Were Here (To Take Off Your T-Shirt) After We Make Love (I Sleep In Your T-Shirt) Wake Up In Your T-Shirt, Still Smell The Scent Of Your Cologne.”
*photo courtesy of Vibe Magazine